Friday, November 6, 2009

The Difference

I am trying to figure out what the difference is between my chemistry and biology courses. I mean, there are obvious differences, like content and such. There are just some underlying oddities that make me go hmmm....

(which then makes me want to break into some C & C Music Factory songs...but I digress).

Here is one example: last week I had a kickin' Chemistry exam. I literally spent 24 hours (I counted) studying for that exam and still did not do as well as I hoped. Little bit of crying was done. For sure. I am a girl with real emotions, after all.

I have a biology exam in 15 minutes that I am not even remotely panicked over. I've spent a few hours this week preparing but NOTHING like I did for chemistry. I fully expect to do well.

Example 2: I have a solid A in bio. Chemistry? Not so much.

Example 3: The students in bio are not as well-behaved as the students in chemistry. It is really not fair to my bio prof. because she is really good and really smart and really makes things interesting. Maybe it is because my chem prof. blows things up in class and the students are afraid that they could be next. Just a thought...

Example 4: I am really looking forward to the next level of biology classes (genetics this spring!) and am really dreading organic chemistry and physics (fall 2010), for that matter.

So, what's the deal? What's the difference? I don't know and I guess it really doesn't matter.

I still have to take them. Means to an end and all that.

Ah, deep thoughts.

Better go take my exam now.

No comments:

Post a Comment