Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Tonight I miss teaching

Ever have one of those moments when you think to your self, "Self, what in the world are you doing?"

And then you respond to yourself "Well, Self, I have no earthly CLUE what I am doing...."

Yeah, I had one of those moments tonight.

Well, I have those moments OFTEN. Tonight's was just more prolific.

I miss teaching. I do. I really enjoyed the classroom. I love the interaction with the students. I even, gasp, loved the grading and the lesson plans and the teacher's meetings.

So, what the heck am I doing in pre-med?

We had a colloquium at school (isn't that a fun word?) this evening and we heard 3 science teachers talk about how great their jobs are, trying to convince us that education is a great career choice. I found myself nodding my head so hard that it now currently hurts.

And then, in lab this evening, I (SHOCKER) actually understood the calculations and was able to teach them to a few other groups and it just made my heart ache for the classroom.

Granted, I'm not sure which I am more excited about...the understanding or the teaching...

However, for tonight, I just miss teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment