Friday, September 11, 2009

First day Jitters

You know that feeling in high school when you walk into the cafeteria and you aren't sure where to sit because, well, you know that where you sit on that first day makes all the difference in your social standings?

It's not like that the 2nd time around in college. You just hope and pray you can still fit in to a desk designed for an 18 year old and that you can sit close enough to the board to be able to see without glasses.

And that no one will make fun of you.

I think I succeeded. I think.

I also realized that I just might be older than my biology prof. That was sad.

Attending class with "real" freshman is rather funny...and maybe annoying...and I would like to take this moment to apologize to any professors I had the first time around for being, shall we say, arrogant and "know-it-all-ish".

Case in point: Our Prof reminded us to buy our specialized lab book at the bookstore. It cost $55. Yes, that is a lot of money. And yes, the whining was IMMENSE!
"I already spent a ton of money on books?"
"Can we just borrow it from a friend?"
"Photocopy it?"

It took every ounce of strength I had not to stand up and yell out, "Dude! I just had to rearrange my GROCERY BILL to buy this book! Quit your crabbing!"

But I didn't.

Because 1. Saying "dude" would only prove my age.
and 2. Yelling about my grocery bill would only prove my age.

So I sat there and chuckled and waited for the whining to stop so the lecture could begin.

Ah....this is going to be interesting.

1 comment: